1. Which of the following best describes your current stage of life
2. How familiar with investment matters
3. How long have you been investing, not counting your own home or bank type deposits?
4. How long would you invest the majority of your money before you think you would need
access to it? (Assuming you already have plans in place to meet short term cashflow and/or
5. In some instances, tax savings can be obtained from investments but this means taking on
more risk. Which of the following statements best describes your goal for investing?
6. Assume you had an initial investment portfolio worth Rs.100,000. If, due to market
conditions, your portfolio fell to Rs. 85,000 within a short period, say a month, would you:
(If your portfolio has experienced a drop like this, choose the answer that corresponds to
your actual behavior.)
7. If the value of your investments fell to Rs. 60,000 over the next 12 months, would you: (If
your portfolio has experienced a drop like this, choose the answer that corresponds to your
8. The table below shows the highest one-year gain and highest one-year loss on four different hypothetical investments of Rs. 100,000. Given the potential gain or loss in any one year, where would you invest your money?
Investment Portfolio A B C D
Highest Gain Rs. 15000 Rs. 20500 Rs. 26600 Rs. 31300
Highest Loss Rs. -2400 Rs. -4600 Rs. -11000 Rs. 14600
9. Which one of the following statements describes your feelings towards choosing an
10. How secure is your current and future income from sources such as salary, pensions or
Apart from your home, have you ever borrowed money to make an investment?
Would you consider borrowing money to make an investment?
Indicative Investor Profile Score Description
Conservative 0-18 Points You are a conservative investor who does not wish to take any investment
risk. Your priority is to safeguard your investment capital. You are prepared
to forego higher returns for peace of mind.
Balanced 19-40 Points You are a balanced investor with some understanding of investment market
behavior. You prefer a balance between capital growth and capital security.
You are prepared to accept some short term risk in order to gain longer term
Assertive (Growth) 41-52 Points You are an assertive investor who understands the movement of investment
markets. You are most interested in maximizing long term capital growth,
although you do not wish to make unbalanced investment decisions. You
are happy to take calculated risks in order to maximize long term capital
growth. Tax advantaged investments are a focus
Aggressive 53-65 Points You are an aggressive investor with a strong bias towards investments with
high growth potential. You are willing to accept higher performance
fluctuations in return for potentially higher long term capital growth. You
also have a greater focus on tax advantaged investments and/or leverage of
your assets to further improve capital growth potential.
Very Aggressive 65+ Points You are an experienced or sophisticated investor. Security of capital is
secondary to the pursuit of high investment returns. Your portfolio will
comprise almost solely of growth assets and you are happy to accept the
risks this involves.
Please remember that this questionnaire is designed to help you evaluate your risk profile and that
given the answers to the above questions, your risk profile may be in the indicated sector.
If you feel comfortable with the analysis provided, then your Nivesh Research adviser can use it to devise an appropriate investment portfolio.
If you don't agree with the analysis, or want to ask more questions about it, please discuss it with your Nivesh Research adviser.
I hereby declare that I have read, understood and personally accomplished this entire Risk Profiling Questionnaire and that the answers I have given are accurate. I understand the risk involved in investing in equities. I will exercise my own independent judgmen in subscribing the suitable package/s (if any) as per my Risk Profile Score. You may review your answers before they are recorded in the system. Once recorded they cannot be changed. This is done to ensure the integrity of the data. You can review your answers by scrolling through the questionnaire. Now is the best time to correct any mistakes or omissions.